Eastpointe Community Garden
- To bring urban gardening to Eastpointe to promote community spirit, to beautify the city, to strengthen our reputation,
- To add value to our city and to teach our children about gardening.
- We are the Eastpointe Community Garden. Our group is made up of residents and business owners from the surrounding area who are working to expand urban gardening to the Eastpointe, MI area.
- Raised garden plots (4′ x 4′ x 19″ ) that you can rent and plant with vegetables, herbs and/or flowers. UPDATED BEDS FOR 2022
- Prices are $40.00 respectively, and include the plot, the soil, access to community tools, and water.
- We are always in need of volunteers to join our weekly work parties or work independently throughout the season. Volunteers are needed for watering, weeding, planting, harvesting, garden maintenance and basic upkeep. We love to celebrate our volunteers with events throughout the season and a Harvest Dinner in the Fall.
Donate & Sponsor:
- The garden relies on rental income, sponsorships and donations to cover our expenses and provide fresh vegetables to the community – senior residences, local food banks and residents. This season we are seeking to raise funds to pay our water bills, apply for our 501c3 status, purchase materials to replace broken boxes and build trellises, soil and wood chips, plants for the giving garden, and signage throughout the garden.
We would like to thank the following individuals for their continued support. Your efforts are not unnoticed! You have gone above and beyond by showing how selfless you truly are. You have made the community a better place and should be proud.
- Laurie Gmyrek
- Bill Randazzo
- Peggy DiMercurio
- Frank DiMercurio
- Suzanne Pixley
- Shay Hofmann
- John Hofmann
- Rose Willo
- Alysa Diebolt
- Cardi DeMonaco Jr
- Katie Donnelly
- Justine Smith
- Julie Plichota
2022 Business Sponsors
We would like to recognize the following businesses for their support of the community garden. They have stepped up and donated labor, money, and/or resources. We would not be able to accomplish what we have without their support.
Each logo is linked to the company’s website.
Please thank them for their support when you stop in to support their businesses.